*your site could be at risk – unsure if you’re on a maintenance package? Contact Us to find out.
In most cases, we are responsible for keeping your website, app, or software up to date. This requires general monitoring & maintenance. You can expect these updates to take place within the first week of each month.
**Currently we have no scheduled downtime for email or website updates
We will be bringing you a condensed list of the most relevant changes and updates occurring on the platforms being used by you, so you can remain aware of everything that is going on with your online business.
- The last major update was 4.6, which allows simpler work flow throughout the WordPress dashboard while updating plugins and themes; drafts are now saved automatically, so you don’t have to worry about losing any blog posts or unsaved work. The dashboard now uses the same font as your browser to allow faster load time; when inserting URLs wordpress notifies you whether the link functions or not before publishing.
- The most recent minor update, 4.6.1, was a security and maintenance release. Read more. https://wordpress.org/news/
- WooCommerce updates: various fixes last month, nothing for this month https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/changelog/
SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING (SEM)
Google has extended its text ads, and because it appears that many advertisers are not prepared for the full transition away from the shorter ad text, Google has extended the deadline to January 31st.
The option to set bids for desktop and tablet devices separately has been added to increase audience targeting accuracy.
A third text ad, and a fourth, was added above mobile organic search, which has increased paid search spend growth ever since.
The Bing Ads app is becoming more useful for management purposes – bulk editing capabilities are now available. This may be surpassing Google Adwords Apps’ functionality on this front.
- Recent updates include more specific explanations of security issues. This allows sudden issues with your site to be more quickly recognized and resolved as efficiently as possible. Read more… https://security.googleblog.com/2016/09/more-safe-browsing-help-for-webmasters.html
Redesign: addition of pre-built subscriber segments to the Recipients step eg. New Subscribers, Potential Customers.
- Easier integration between Mailchimp and Shopify
- Easier report sharing
Click here to see more of our blog posts or industry updates.
If you have any questions regarding the topics discussed here, or have a topic suggestion for our next post, feel free to contact us.